Monday, December 8, 2014

Snooker UK Championships

I watched the semi-final results of X Factor on TV last night. Ahem, on the telly last night. After the show, the Snooker UK Champuonships were on. I think I had heard of snooker, but I probably couldn't have told you what it was. I was hooked in minutes and I ended up watching something crazy like 2 hours of it! The one guy was winning 5-1, then 9-4. Apparently they play to 10 and you have to win by 2. The guy that was down 9-4, brought it all the way back to tie it up 9-9, which took over an hour. The commentators were very excited about what a great match it was. In between each "frame", which is one point, the players walk off and the broadcast switches from a live view of the table, to a TV interview type of set where they interview other experts.

I learned a lot and really enjoyed it. It's similar to pool or billiards, but they've got extra balls on the table and a few tricky rules to explain. There is a great blend of strategy and tactics, not to mention skill and tension. 

Add it to the list, I like rugby and snooker. Still acquiring the taste for soccer and cricket. I'm alright with formula one racing too, which is pretty big here. Tennis and golf have always been great, and I did watch some professional darts at some point. Lawn bowling is the next one to find, at first I thought it was croquet, but now I think it's completely different. I've seen several nice fields for it, but pretty sure I've never watched a match (game?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment