Monday, October 12, 2015

Wedding in America

I flew back to NYC for a wedding. Several times now I've connected in Iceland. You can tell how beautiful it is from the plane. The airline is apparently tied to tourism because in a brilliant way, you can stay in Iceland for a few days and they consider it a "long layover", there's no additional flight charges. I'm hoping to try that one day. Having only been in the airport, I can only vouch for their chocolate, which is excellent.

My first night I stayed with the bride and groom, how great is that. They're so wonderful. I felt a little bad as if I were interrupting important last minute planning, but we sure did have a great time and they reassured me it was great.

After they dropped me off the second day, I walked to a Thai restaurant to compare US curry to British curry. It wasn't bad and somehow I got the entire restaurant involved in a conversation about "individual purpose". Granted there were only 7 people in there, but still, pretty fun. 

Then I ran into my parents and we had great chats and food too. The next day I spent great time with my brothers and their wives. Loved it, we went to a small brewery.

We then rushed to the wedding and had a great time. The venue was a manor house. We saw the bride and groom out in the fields so we took pictures from a distance. Then the wedding started and we learned the couple in the field was a different bride and groom, so we deleted those photos :)

The wedding was like a movie. Those two are in love and the event was flawless. Lots of great food, great people, dancing, music and love.

The party continued late into the night back at the hotel - with the bride and groom being the last ones to go to bed!

The next day I met with a great old friend in NYC. We sat in a bar, watched American football and caught up for hours. Fantastic.

I then used my fav city mapper app to get to the airport and now I'm back home in the UK!








No comments:

Post a Comment