Monday, October 5, 2015

Psychology

I visited Sigmund Freuds museum this past weekend. I've always enjoyed psychology and my work in org development is bringing me back to it.

The museum is the last house that he lived in. Special place. Just outside central London, nice neighbourhood. 

You walk to the back of the house to buy a £7 ticket, which is good for a year. The ground floor has "his couch" in it. It really is awe inspiring to stand there and think about the work that happened on that couch. 

The second floor has some of his daughters work. The landing on the stairs has great energy, not sure how to explain it.

I realise that visiting a house/museum really helps me to memorise and remember someone. I now have visuals to help me remember most of Freuds amazing work!

I wanted to then run over to the Carl Jung club. I needed to get home though, so I jumped into Tavistock for 2 seconds. The Tavistock Centre is 2 blocks from his house and they still practice psychotherapy there. The Tavistock Institute is about 6 tube stops from there.

 I met 3 really nice people at the museum. I think there's something "open" about psychology people, or maybe we just had a topic in common to discuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment